Saturday, May 16, 2009

Organizing Is A Way Of Life

As a young girl, I always have lots of memories of how I loved to organize my room. I would take apart my drawers of clothes and repack them, refold, make it all neat again. I was constantly rearranging my shelves of knick knacks and making my closet look all pretty and organized. All of my clothes on hangers faced the same way. Dresses were always together as well as pants and shirts. In my bathroom, the cabinets were organized too. Except for the fact that I had to share much of my living space with my three brothers, I tried to keep it all organized.

I am sure I wasn't perfect and neat and orderly all the time. But I do remember a sense of satisfaction of keeping my personal space neat. I was always cleaning out my parent's car to make it clean and neat.

Then when I grew up and had my own house, my love of organizing extended to my own house. Kids came along and it was more important than ever to keep organization in order to keep my sanity. And now here I am with 4 kids and still love to organize, reorganize, reshuffle, declutter, and minimize the space in which I live. But now I am blogging about it.

I know some people think of me as a neat freak or maybe just a freak. But to me there is nothing more satisfying and peaceful than waking up in the morning to an orderly house. I believe it sets the tone for my day and my personal inner peace. I find that when the house is a mess or in disarray, I am personally in disarray and irritable. I take pride in my surroundings whether it is my car, my home, or my office.

I try to create an order to my home because I don't have the luxury of time to go looking for things. I work full time, have 4 kids, a hungry husband, and a house that cries for my attention. I believe that order comes in the preparation, the foresight, and tips and tricks along the way that can help train each and every one of us to do those little things that make a difference.

No comments: